Subject: Win95, NT with Lightwave and Modeler..
From: "sherak michael" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 95 21:39:04

I have had no problems with creating an AVI file, Loading and saving 
     image formats or plugins now working... Here are the reasons why..
     
     WIN95'
     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
     1)  Get rid of you AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS!! This will speed up 
     the machine not loading the old 16bit drivers that dos used.. (You are 
     LW users not gamers..) :)
     2)  Do not use the AVIFIL32.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL, MSACM32.DLL, 
     MSVFW32.DLL that comes with the LightWave CD.. These files are older 
     than the ones that come with 95'.. If you have installed them replace 
     them with the ones that come with 95'.. Also make sure that you setup 
     you multimedia settings for WIN95.. This will help out with the AVI 
     prob..
     3)  DO NOT INSTALL THE Windows3.xx version for Win95'.. Install the NT 
     version.. Win95' already has the SDK32 stuff.. If you install the 
     Windows version you will be using the WIN32S drivers which are VERY 
     slow compared to the ones that are built into WIN95'.. (Watch you 
     screen refresh speed up) 
     
     WIN_NT
     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
     1)  Install the drivers that I mentioned above.. These are newer that 
     the ones that come with NT3.5.. (I don't know about 3.51)
     2)  Make sure that you add to your path the HIIP directory under the 
     system control panels..

      I have know idea for Windows 3.xx.. I need multitasking (if you can 
     call it that).. If you have any specific questions feel free to send 
     me and e-mail...

      Michael Sherak                     "I was think of the immortal words
      3D Artist/Animator                    of Scarcities - I drank what?"
      [email-masked]                
      Interplay Productions, Inc.               DESCENT FOREVER! {-Plug
      17922 Fitch Ave. Irvine, CA 92714 -USA
     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
"sherak michael" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]